Please note we no longer offer exchanges if an item is returned to Head Office.
How can I return an item?
If you have decided not to keep an item bought online, you can return it by mail. Simply complete the details on your delivery note that was included in your delivery and send it back to us in a new and unused condition together with the product’s original packaging and labelling:
To return via mail, follow these simple steps:
- Please complete the returns form on your delivery note
- Tear off the completed returns form and place inside your package, ensuring that you place the barcode sticker on the outside of your parcel as indicated
- Take your parcel to any Post Office and return to...
- FAO: Cotswold Outdoor Customer Returns
- Outdoor & Cycle Concepts Ltd.
- PO BOX 75
- SN16 9WQ
- United Kingdom
If you wish to return a pair of shoes or boots bought online, please place the box in a sealed plastic postal bag.
We regret to inform you that we cannot be held responsible for returned goods that become lost in transit. We therefore strongly recommend that you use a recorded/insured delivery service and keep a record of this.
If you simply do not like your purchase, you will need to return the item at your own expense. If the item you have received is wrong or faulty, postage will be reimbursed.
- If we have questions about your return, we will contact you by phone or email.
- If your item has a manufacturing defect in materials or workmanship, you can return it at any time. See our warranty details for more information.
- Used items must be cleaned prior to return. Merchandise that is not cleaned or laundered may be declined and sent back.
We are unable to exchange or issue a refund for any new or unused climbing equipment and all helmets (including ski) once they have left our premises. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns for faulty items purchased from any other retailer. In this instance please contact the retailer that you purchased the item from.
- We recommend you send it by recorded delivery as we are not liable for items lost in the mail.
No returns form or receipt?
Misplaced the returns form or receipt that came with your initial order? Not to worry, these things happen. If you hold an account with us, simply log in to your account and navigate to the "My Orders" section when you can download and print a re-issue of your original invoice and return form.
If you made a purchase using a guest checkout or you don't hold an account with us, not to worry, click here to download a new returns form.
Received a faulty item?
For information on how to return a faulty item for refund or exchange, please see our Faulty Returns Policy.
Consumer right to cancel
If you wish to exercise your rights to cancel your order under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, you need to inform us in writing, (by letter, email or by completing the returns form on your delivery note) and send this with the new and unused product(s), (in their original packaging with all labelling attached), within 14 days from the date you receive your goods. We will refund you the costs of the goods including the original postage cost paid, but you will need to pay the cost to get the goods back to us.
Any climbing equipment or helmets bought online can be returned for refund within 14 days from the date you received the goods.
For further detail please see our Ordering & Cancelling Orders policy.
If in doubt, please contact our Customer Services team before you make your purchase. This does not affect your statutory rights.