When The Contract Is Formed Between Us
Our order process. Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
How we will accept your order. After you place an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order and inform you of your order. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described below.
We will confirm our acceptance of your order to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the products have been dispatched or, in the case of Click and Collect, are ready for collection from your nominated store (“Dispatch Confirmation”). Your order is accepted by us and a Contract is formed between us when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order or are unable to supply you with a product we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. There are a number of reasons why we may be unable to accept your order or supply a Product, for example:
- The product is not in stock or no longer available;
- We cannot meet your requested delivery date;
- We have identified an error in the price or in the description of the product on our website;
- A credit reference we have obtained for you does not meet our minimum requirements;
- We reasonably believe that you are buying products from us with the intention of reselling them;
- Because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for;
- Because you have ordered a Restricted Product and we have been unable to verify your age.
Resale Of Our Products
Products are provided for personal use only. We only supply the products for your own domestic and private use.
Our rights before we accept your order. If we reasonably believe that you are buying products from us with the intention of reselling them, we may:
- Refuse to accept your order; or
- Accept your order subject to agreeing additional or alternative terms with you.
Our rights after we have accepted your order. If we can demonstrate that you are buying products from us with the intention of reselling them:
- We may cancel your order; or
- Treat your order as though you are buying products in the course of your business.
If we can demonstrate that you are buying products from us with the intention of reselling them. You will not be a ‘consumer’ for the purposes of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 or the Consumer Rights Act 2015. As a result:
- Any rights that are granted only to a ‘consumer’ under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 or the Consumer Rights Act 2015 shall not apply to you;
- Different terms will apply to any orders for products, namely:
- "Your Rights To End The Contract" below will not apply and if the products are faulty or misdescribed, you may return them to us within 7 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the products in accordance with the returns procedure, please see our Returns page for our returns address and returns policy. You must pay the costs of postage, and we may charge you a reasonable handling fee for processing your return;
- You must pay the costs of returning any products to us (even where those products are faulty or misdescribed);
- You must pay for the products in full at the time of placing your order, and we will charge your credit or debit card immediately;
- If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 6% a year above the Bank of England’s base rate from time to time; and
- Our 30-day returns policy’ will not apply.
Our Rights To Vary These Terms & Conditions
Changes to these Terms. We amend these Terms from time to time. For example, to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, or to implement ‘good practice’ or to improve the efficiency of our order and delivery process. We will always display the current version of these Terms on our website. The version of these Terms displayed on our website at the time you place your order will be the Terms that apply to your order.
Your right to cancel if we change the terms of your order. If we have to revise these Terms as they apply to your order, or if some of the products you order are out of stock we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes (see "How To Cancel Your Order (Including If You Have Changed Your Mind" below). You may cancel either in respect of all the affected products or just the products you have yet to receive.
If you opt to cancel in respect of products you have yet to receive. We will provide you with a refund as soon as possible for the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
If you opt to cancel in respect of products you have already received. You will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received before we can arrange a refund of the price you have paid for the Products you have received, including any delivery charges, which will be made as soon as possible following our receipt of the returned products from you.
If all products that you order are out of stock. We will cancel your order (see "Our Rights To End The Contract" below) and provide you with a full refund, including any delivery charges.
Minor changes to the products. We may change the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, or to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
Withdrawing special offers. We may withdraw any offer, special promotions or promotional code without notice at any time.
When You Can Make Changes To Your Order
If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered before we have delivered it to you, please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible, we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of delivery or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to cancel your order (see "Your Rights To End The Contract" below).
Your Rights To End The Contract
When you can cancel your order with us. Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations your rights to cancel an order will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it and when you decide to end the contract:
- If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to cancel your order (or to ask us to repair or replace the product), please see "If There Is A Problem With The Product" on our Returning Products page;
- If you have just changed your mind about the product. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period or our 30-day returns’ period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of the products.
Cancelling an order because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are cancelling an order for any of the reasons in the bullet points below, the order will be cancelled immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- We have told you about an upcoming change to the product which you do not agree to (see "If There Is A Problem With The Product" on the Returning Products page);
- We have told you about a change to these terms which you do not agree to (please see above "Our Rights To Vary These Terms And Conditions");
- We have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed (see "Price Of Products And Delivery Charges" on our Pricing and Payments page);
- You have a legal right to cancel the order because of something we have done wrong.
Exercising your right to change your mind (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). For most products bought online, you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these Terms.
Our 30 day returns policy. Please note, these terms reflect the goodwill returns policy offered by us to our customers, which is more generous than your legal rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations. This goodwill returns policy does not affect your legal rights in relation to faulty or misdescribed products.
When you don't have the right to change your mind. You do not have a right to change your mind in respect of:
- Products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them (for example, underwear, swimwear, toiletries, and fragrances);
- Any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery;
- Any products which have been specially ordered for you or manufactured to your specification; and
- Sealed audio or audio-visual recordings, unless incorrect or defective, once these products are unsealed after you receive them.
How long do I have to change my mind? Where you wish to take advantage of the rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the products. Where your products are split into several deliveries over different days, you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the products. Where you wish to take advantage of the rights under our 30-day returns policy’, you have 30 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the products.
How To Cancel Your Order (Including If You Have Changed Your Mind)
Tell us you want to cancel your order. To cancel your order, please let us know. You can find all of our contact details on our Contact us page.
Model Cancellation Form. You can complete the Model Cancellation Form information below, print it off and post it to us at the address on the form. Or, you can simply write to us, by email or post, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
Telephone: +44 1666 336447
I/We* hereby give notice that I/we* cancel my/our* order for the following products:
Name of customer(s):
Address of customer(s):
Signature of customer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper):
Returning products after cancelling your order. If you cancel an order you must return the products to us in accordance with the returns procedure available by clicking here. Please note that our returns address is:
- Cotswold Outdoor Ltd
- Customer Returns
- PO BOX 75
- SN16 9WQ
- United Kingdom
If you are exercising your right to change your mind, you must send off the products within 14 days of telling us you wish to cancel the order.
When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
- If the products are faulty or misdescribed;
- If you are cancelling an order because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong.
In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the products (including delivery costs, where appropriate), by the method you used for payment. If you used vouchers to pay for the products then we may refund you in vouchers. We may make deductions from the price, as described below.
Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
- We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the products if this has been caused by your excessive handling of them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount;
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (namely our ‘standard UK delivery’ cost).
When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible.
Your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, within 14 days from the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us.